Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Stationary for my mom

 

So many things to make these days that there is little time left for writing about it all. Tonight I finished making some stationary for my mom. It's her birthday this weekend. I carved a linoleum block with a simple, happy, circle design. It took forever to carve because I had to be really careful with all the curves. It really came out well and I think she will like it. I was going to do a two color print, but I liked it with the single color and left it like that. It's a turquoise ink on a periwinkle paper (I wish I had more opportunity to use the word periwinkle!). I tied up six cards and six off white envelopes and will send it off to mom tomorrow.

By the way, carving lino blocks makes me think of the dentist scraping my teeth, and I can see why they never seem to be in a hurry to finish...it's kind of fun.

No comments: