Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nicole J. Georges is cool-See her in NYC tomorrow night!

I was lucky enough to stumble upon Nicole's first volume of Invincible Summer while I was at Gosh! in London. I loved the drawings, so I got it. The writing was just as fun and interesting and I spent a handful of nights staying up to long reading and admiring how she drew black hair with shine spots in it. Now Nicole has volume 2 coming out! Hooray! She will be coming to NYC tomorrow night (10 pm at St. Marks Poetry Project). nicole j georges drew this Oh, how I had planned on being there to get my copy of I.S. #2, but gettting selected for the Crammed Organisms show means I may be making kitties on Friday night instead of heading to the city. If there had to be a reason not to go, at least it's a positive one. I am still excited about living in my new city, knowing people I like actually come to this area. Yeah for NY! You should go though. Really, it'll be fun.

No comments: