Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Gocco Success! (and a gocco tip)

Here are the latest cards I printed with my gocco! I took a little illustration I made of my neice Emily and made them into cards for my sister, Emily's momma, as a birthday present. I hope she likes them.

printing some fabric

finished envelopes

second screen...adding color

finished cards

final product

set of cards

For this print I used two screens and four colors. The outline of the girl I did on one screen so that I could print the envelopes without the word hello. The second screen had all the colors. One thing I did learn that I can pass along to you new gocco-ers is to make sure you mix your colors well. I mixed the blue for this print and although it looked thoroughly mixed, it was not. Their were little swirls of white that came through while I was printing, and as a result the blue looks faded in some of the prints. I did do fairly well with the registration which I was happy about. They have some Gocco machines that come with a plate to help you with registration and i can see how that would be helpful in more complicated prints, but for this one using the Gocco pad to line up the prints worked out just fine for me.

No comments: