Thursday, August 16, 2007

Eli officially becomes a city boy

The visitors have left and we are getting back to business around my place, this included some morning Wiffle Ball with the little guy. Sadly, after a good hit the ball went into the street and despite my run at full speed it went down the sewer drain. The boy cried as I tried to explain to him that I couldn't get it out. Oh, such sadness. I have lost many a wiffle ball in my time, but mostly into big fields of weeds in the area I grew up. The sewer thing is new to me, but even more sad because you can't even look around for the ball...it's just gone. I caught myself just looking down the drain even though I knew I couldn't get it. Don't worry the story ends with a smile...we went out on the town and got a new Wiffle Ball for the boy and a Big Gulp for me. Ahhh, happy times...

No comments: