Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've decided not to wear shorts this summer



I've decided to wear cool skirts (and some capris for days when I really have to get to playing wiffle ball). I figure I can make a whole bunch of cute skirts for very little money. So, that's that. I'm well on my way to getting things on my list of goals started. I just bought this book, Sew What! Skirts, a few days ago. It explains how to make a whole bunch of skirts and design your own patterns, which should be a cost savings over buying a bunch of patterns...they are quite expensive these days. I've been searching through photos of cute skirts on flickr and this book had a lot of good comments, and from the photos I saw the skirts turned out very well. I also saw these three other patterns I may try down the road. Two were on Get Crafty in this post and I also saw a lot of happy looking skirts made with this pattern from Favorite Things. I'll be reading for a few days before heading off to the store for fabric, so stay tuned. I also need to get a few other sewing projects off the list before starting my first skirt for the summer. Maybe you will want to make a skirt with me? Let's read on...

No comments: